Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jessica Mousseau, what are you thinking?

I don't know if you follow Writers Weekly and I don't know if you have heard of Jessica Mousseau, but Writers Weekly has recently posted a string of emails involving a complaint a writer filed to them involving one Ms. Jessica Mousseau and frankly I am appalled at Mousseau's behavior according to this string of communication. Go ahead and read it, read it ALL, it's so worth it. Go on, I'll wait here...


I am incredibly embarrassed for Ms. Mousseau who doesn't seem to know the first thing about effective communication, the definition of libel, the definition of plagiarism, and seems to have lied about having her degree--and it looks as if she may be lying about other things as well but that's just my opinion and you can read the site and form your own opinions. Just wanted to put this out there in case Jessica Mousseau was someone to watch out for while in your freelancing travels looking for gigs on the internet.

Feel free to let me know if you think I have been "libelous". But please make sure you know what it means: Libel: A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation. What many people forget is that libel is only libel if it's false. Opinions expressed do not fall into this category, opinions are "non-actionable." Everything written in this post is the author's (me) express opinion.

No comments: