Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Many thanks to Wired Magazine for my geekness. Until recently, technology was a thing in my peripheral. I watched tech geeks in the same way I would watch cheerleaders at the highschool pep rallies, rolling my eyes and wishing I had skipped school that day. Although, with tech geeks it was more like rolling my eyes and being thankful I wasn't the one spending $3000 on a computer or trading out my PDA every year. Now it's: More gigs to the iphone? Rock on! (not that I even have an iphone...yet)

Now, however, things have changed as things do and I find myself saving paychecks and skipping lunches to buy these cool toys that are out. Luckily, many of them can be used in some way for my writing and since I make money off of writing it looks like they are attractively tax deductible. If that's not a reason to buy a new toy, I don't know what is.
But there are also a lot of non-geeky things out there for writers that are nearly as fun and cool and less expensive which I'll also post about as we go.

I'm going to start posting reviews, books and tools for writers on this blog since I couldn't seem to keep up with my geek blog. That blog is now deleted and gone for good! (or at least for now).

No comments: